This was a personal project I worked on to create a Katana based on historical references I came across in the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I combined a few different styles and challenged myself to create this without the use of Maya. I did the layout for the sword in Zbrush, did my retopology and traditional modeling in Houdini, created the UV's in Headus UVLayout, textured in Substance Painter and Substance Designer and lit and rendered in Redshift for Houdini. There are two 4K texture sets driving most of the textures, and a few other 1K repeating textures used for a few other places. Namely the Kamon Buttons and the wood and inlaid gold/resin on the scabard.
A sword I created in my free time based on historically accurate reference I took at the Met Museum.